The NHL Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The NHL Forum

We have a new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Day Discussion

Go down 
+3
Sheppy
BudWyzerman
-eXpLiciT-
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Game Day Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 pm

I don't mind fighting, but I think players do need to keep their helmets on. There's too real a possibility of someone hitting their head on the ice and potentially getting seriously hurt. But they need to figure out a way to deal with the visor issue. Guys shouldn't have to be punching each other in the visor.
Back to top Go down
https://hockey.forumotion.com
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:27 pm

-eXpLiciT- wrote:
I don't mind fighting, but I think players do need to keep their helmets on. There's too real a possibility of someone hitting their head on the ice and potentially getting seriously hurt. But they need to figure out a way to deal with the visor issue. Guys shouldn't have to be punching each other in the visor.
They're grown men, if they want to ditch the lids, let them. What are we protecting these guys from? They know exactly what they're getting into before they drop their gloves. Gazdic has to wear a visor (i hated this idea at the beginning, but its grown on me) and he went to fight Moen who doesn't wear one, they should be allowed to ditch the lids in that case. They get an extra two minutes as it is when they do. Its a severe disadvantage having one guy with a shield on and one guy without one. The players already treat this rule as a joke (which it is) when they take each others lids off.

There's potential of players getting hurt all over the ice, why is fighting such a target? More players get hurt from hits than they do in a dust up.

But hey, we're in a downward spiral as it is anyway. The league is slowly, well, not that slowly going to shit.
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:47 pm

You also have to look at it the way the league itself does though. If guys are getting badly hurt (or if it even happens once) while fighting, via having their heads hit the ice, it will lead to catastrophic negative press for the league. That's obviously something they're trying to avoid.

They're grown men, yeah. But if it were up to them they'd all still be playing without helmets and there would be exponentially more injuries than there are now. Sometimes rules have to be implemented to protect the players from themselves, and IMO this is one of those cases. Keep fighting in, but guys need to keep their helmets on to protect against the possibility of having their heads hit the ice. The visor problem does still remain a problem, though. I don't know why they can't/haven't invented some sort of easily detachable visor for fighters yet.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:31 pm

The helmet sure helped Parros when he knocked himself out against Orr a few weeks back.

Say you don't ditch the lid and start givin er', would the refs jump in as soon as someone loses their helmet? They might as well, right?

They don't have detachable visors because they're straight up trying to get fighting out of the game and detachable visors make too much sense in these situations. They're actually fucked in the head, all of em.

All this new rule does is help those little queers like Lapierre and Kaleta, it's retarded. Say Kaleta runs someone and you challenge him, he has to keep his visor on? Sounds fair. What you'll be seeing now is more hand lacerations and/or broken hands from hitting the visor. Plus, the last thing a guy like Gazdic wants to do is hide behind a shield. It's just getting stupid, the league as a whole is getting stupid.
Back to top Go down
Dondelinger

Dondelinger

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:36 pm

They should just take each other's helmets off, like those 2 in the preseason. Loophole.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 pm

seeing clownboy playing AGAINST the senators really is weird
Seeing iginla play the flames is gonna be fuckin weird too
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

Nice to see John Scott is up to his usual shit. I love that he's a marked man by two of the toughest teams in the NHL.
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 pm

John Scott is such a fucking goof. That was such an idiotic play. I wish he would just get kicked out of the league.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:24 pm

I want to see someone beat the shit out of that fucking idiot. I actually think he's a bit slow in the head.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:36 pm

The guy is like what 7 fuckin feet tall yet still feels the need to raise his fuckin elbow and clearly target his head, he's a fuckin goof, hope he gets his head taken off too
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Also good to see Parros speaking, glad he still stuck up for fighting

There's always going to be a John Scott in the league, you can't prevent it, no rule change or lifelong suspension will ever change it, once one of them is gone, goofs like the coach in Buffalo, And Luke Schenn doesnt even know what his name is, will find another one, which is exactly why you need a george parros or colton orr, someone actually respectable, to go out and put them in their place.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Absolutely ^

I want to see the Bruins make a push for a decent 4th line scrapper next season, Thornton is a beauty but he's clearly on the decline.

Would love to see Boston trade or grab a guy like Bordeleau or Gazdic. Good fighters that can play a decent shift without looking like idiots like John Scott.
Back to top Go down
Cameron

Cameron

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:34 am

Game Day Discussion - Page 2 1385685_414204778702851_956886359_n
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 5:40 am

Man Claude giroux fuckin sucks LOL
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:20 pm

He's been fucking awful.

Also, Kimmo Timonen still doesn't have a point...
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:46 pm

From what I've watched of his last 7 or so games Giroux actually hasn't been all that bad, but the rest of the team is just brutal. He can't do it all himself. But he obviously still needs to be better. The Flyers as a whole are just a clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:40 am

Edmonton is 4-10-2 this year... and all their wins have come against the Eastern Conference LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:04 pm

-eXpLiciT- wrote:
From what I've watched of his last 7 or so games Giroux actually hasn't been all that bad, but the rest of the team is just brutal. He can't do it all himself. But he obviously still needs to be better. The Flyers as a whole are just a clusterfuck.
Giroux has been absolutely brutal.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Has he scored a goal yet even lol
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 pm

He has not, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm

He's been doing a lot of whining and flopping on the ice too. It's kind of hard to watch, actually.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:56 pm

I never really thought that guy was as good as people make him out

But then i never thought he was this bad either
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:57 am

He's definitely a good player, but i tend to agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 am

...Now, Torey Krug on the other hand
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Why doesn't he get more ice time? Is he a liability defensively or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Discussion   Game Day Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NHL Forum :: Hockey Discussion-
Jump to: