The NHL Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The NHL Forum

We have a new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stamkos... Ouch.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Looks like he just broke his leg or something. Was taken off on a stretcher. Doesn't look like the type of injury that will heal in time for the Olympics.

Stamkos... Ouch. 821186597
Back to top Go down
https://hockey.forumotion.com
alexcoticehn

alexcoticehn

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Aaron Ward says it's a broken tibia so it's probably not that
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Didnt know he could backcheck like that lol

In all seriousness tho, this is a massive blow to tampa, and theyve gotten off to such a great start too

More importantly a huge blow to us in the olypics to lose easily our best sniper on the big ice
Maybe this opens the door for spezza a little more
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm not sure how good Spezza would be on the wing, but we'll see what happens. I think this might open the door for Duchene.
Back to top Go down
alexcoticehn

alexcoticehn

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:28 am

I don't know why people are so worried about Team Canada without Stamkos. They'll be just fine. We're loaded, especially up the middle.
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 am

He's still the best Canadian goal scorer. Don't think he was gonna be playing C anyway.
Back to top Go down
alexcoticehn

alexcoticehn

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:51 am

Yeah but it's not like they're going to struggle suddenly without Stamkos in the lineup. They won the gold without him in 2010, him not being in the lineup in 2014 changes very little for the team and their chances.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:52 am

He would be playing center with st.louis on the wing
They wouldnt fuck with that i wouldnt think
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Everything I've read including what I've seen on TSN had him as the #1 RW on the team. I think a pure shooter like Stamkos would be moved to wing before Crosby, Toews, or Getzlaf (presumably the #3C).
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 pm

alexcoticehn wrote:
Yeah but it's not like they're going to struggle suddenly without Stamkos in the lineup. They won the gold without him in 2010, him not being in the lineup in 2014 changes very little for the team and their chances.
I disagree. That's like saying not having Crosby changes very little for the team and their chances just because of our amazing depth. Sure we can obviously replace guys like Stamkos and Crosby but those are the best in the world. Not having them is still a pretty big blow.
Back to top Go down
alexcoticehn

alexcoticehn

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Crosby made one meaningful play in the entire 2010 Olympics. There were plenty of guys on that squad who were more valuable to the team than he was. They could take out Stamkos and Crosby and still win the gold, their chances would be diminished, but not as much as people might think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stamkos... Ouch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamkos... Ouch.   Stamkos... Ouch. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stamkos... Ouch.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NHL Forum :: Hockey Discussion-
Jump to: