The NHL Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The NHL Forum

We have a new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canadian Olympic Roster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

Canadian Olympic Roster Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:53 am

It's getting pretty close to that time again, so what does everyone's projected line-up look like? I'd be looking for players who can really skate on the big ice. I tried to keep my D pairings realistic with 3 left handers and 3 right handers, but I couldn't see any of Weber, Doughty, Subban, or Pietrangelo (all righties) not being in the top 6. So I included all of them. For that reason, I felt like my 7th defenceman had to be a lefty, thus no Kris Letang. I like Hamhuis in that #7 spot because he's low maintenance and is the type of player who can come in and play well in limited ice time. If not Hamhuis, someone like Marc Staal would also be a good choice. Some might question the Bouwmeester pick, but he can really skate and that's crucial on international ice. Unfortunately, Canada's D is pretty loaded with righties and not nearly as good with lefties, but it is what it is.

At foward, I really like my 1st, 2nd, and 4th lines. Not really sure on how I want the 3rd line to shape up. Part of me wants to see Joe Thornton centering the 3rd line over Getzlaf, and another part of me wants to keep Tavares playing his natural position of C on the 3rd line. I want Jeff Carter on the 4th line because he's solid defensively and a great penalty killer. The 3rd line RW will go to whomever is playing better - Eberle or Perry. I do like Eberle's speed on that line though, something it's probably otherwise lacking.

In goal, I think Luongo and Price are pretty much locks. It's Luongo's job to lose, I'd think. That 3rd spot could go to anyone, but they probably won't play anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Stamkos - Crosby - St Louis
Nash - Toews - Giroux
Tavares - Getzlaf - Eberle
Couture - Bergeron - J.Carter
* Perry

Keith(L) - Weber(R)
Subban(R) - Doughty(R)
Bouwmeester(L) - Pietrangelo(R)
* Hamhuis(L)

Luongo
Price
Crawford

Last edited by -eXpLiciT- on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hockey.forumotion.com
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:02 am

Bernier
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 am

Can you imagine Luongo and Price faltering, and Canada turning to their 3rd string goalie to come in and secure a gold medal for Canada? And us turning to a guy who has never even started an NHL playoff game? That would be a level of pressure Bernier hasn't even come close to feeling. Even if Bernier was good enough to be the 3rd stringer, and I'm not denying that he could be a top 3 Canadian goaltender in terms of pure talent/ability, I'd still rather have someone who has proven they can handle the moment.

I don't think Yzerman will invite Bernier because he won't want to have that potential possibility of having to have to turn to a young and inexperienced tender to bring home the gold. If he keeps up his great play, he'll definitely warrant at least a consideration though.
Back to top Go down
alexcoticehn

alexcoticehn

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Needs more Corey Perry
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Yeah, I wrote about that in my paragraphs. Could probably have made him the RW on the 3rd line and Eberle the 13th skater. But I like Eberle's speed on the big ice, and I don't really want Tavares and Perry on the same line since neither are amazing skaters.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Joffrey lupul
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and change my mind and make Perry the 13th skater over Eric Staal. The team doesn't need another C.
Back to top Go down
EricAxel

EricAxel

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:15 am

Giroux lol
Back to top Go down
EricAxel

EricAxel

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:50 am

This is the only roster that matters

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Zetterberg - Backstrom - Alfredsson
Landeskog - Steen - Franzen
Silfverberg - Berglund - Hornqvist

Kronwall - Karlsson
Ekman-Larsson - Enstrom
Edler - Hedman
Hjalmarsson - Brodin

Lundqvist
Fasth
Gustavsson
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:46 am

Brodin over Hedman and possibly Edler imo.
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm aware of how good Brodin is, but I don't think there's any way he should make it over Edler. That Swedish team is pretty scary though. Sweden and Canada are the favourites for sure, IMO.
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Lol Steen, plays for sweden cuz he'd never make our team
Back to top Go down
EricAxel

EricAxel

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 am

Sweden will have 8 dmen
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:45 am

Steen is on pace for 129 points at the moment. Watch out, NHL.
Back to top Go down
Sheppy

Sheppy

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 am

Lucic is playing some ridiculous hockey right now.
Back to top Go down
EricAxel

EricAxel

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:34 pm

BudWyzerman wrote:
Lol Steen, plays for sweden cuz he'd never make our team
keep chirpin
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Lolol
Back to top Go down
BudWyzerman

BudWyzerman

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Lol yea...

Who'da thought he'd just explode like this haha
Like i've always known the guy is good but this? Lol
Back to top Go down
-eXpLiciT-
Admin
-eXpLiciT-

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 pm

The amount of goals that dude is scoring is unreal. I thought he'd cool off by now but he just keeps it coming. Same amount of goals as Ovechkin, but has taken only 79 shots (compared to Ovie's 126).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Olympic Roster   Canadian Olympic Roster Empty

Back to top Go down

Canadian Olympic Roster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NHL Forum :: Hockey Discussion-
Jump to: